We fight for patient rights!
Safe Access Tennessee has a mission to deliver legal, safe access to cannabis based medicines to the citizens of Tennessee. We are the Tennessee chapter of the Americans for Safe Access (ASA) and have action groups across the State.
With over 100,000 active members in all 50 states, ASA is the largest national member-based organization of patients, medical professionals, scientists and concerned citizens promoting safe and legal access to cannabis for therapeutic use and research.
“By giving voice to the sickest citizens of our state, grassroots efforts like this are the key to making medical cannabis accessible to Tennesseans.”
– Dr. Steve Dickerson, State Senator
Cannabis Bill Sponsor
ASA works to overcome political, social and legal barriers by creating policies that improve access to medical cannabis for patients and researchers through legislation, education, litigation, research, grassroots empowerment, advocacy and services for patients, governments, medical professionals, and medical cannabis providers.
Safe Access Tennessee holds no opinion on the legalization of alcohol or marijuana. We support drug prevention policies to address underage, illegal and legal drug abuse. SAT believes therapeutic (medicinal) cannabis is likely to be a key solution to the rampant Opioid abuse in Tennessee.
Latest updates from Safe Access
- Medical Cannabis Stakeholders: Buck up, It is Just Time for Act II!
- ASA Demanded a Pregnant Medical Cannabis Patient Should Not be on a Child-Abuse Registry…and the AZ Supreme Court Agreed!
- Unity conference now available to watch online!
- Let's Make 2023 the Year of the Patient!
- Help ASA Document 20 years of Advocacy: Share your story!
- ASA Founder Steph Sherer: Reflection on 20 Years of Advocacy
- Show Your Support for Patients by Sponsoring Unity!
- Movement on Medical Cannabis at the Federal level? Let’s Keep the Momentum Going!
- Historic Cannabis Reform Bill Passes Congress! Urge President Biden to Sign
- Cannabis Was on the Ballot in Five States – But What Do these Results Really Mean for Patients?
- Why I Started the ASA Challenge: Bringing Funds and Awareness to the Urgent Need for Medical Cannabis Access
- New ASA Activist Newsletter is out!
- Your Elected Reps Want to Hear from You! But What Should You Say?
- August Recess is Coming! Should You Meet Your Reps at Home?
- ASA's 20th Birthday
- Product Safety Recalls – Vape Cartridges
- Top Five key Takeaways from the 2021 State of the States Report
- A Year of Obstruction on Medical Cannabis In Mississippi Comes to an End
- What We Accomplished in 2021
- Mississippi Becomes 37th State to Legalize Medical Cannabis With a Law that Provides Limited Access to Patients
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- January 2023 (3)
- December 2022 (5)
- November 2022 (3)
- October 2022 (1)
- August 2022 (1)
- July 2022 (1)
- April 2022 (1)
- March 2022 (1)
- February 2022 (4)
- June 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (3)
- March 2020 (2)
- January 2018 (2)
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (3)