We fight for patient rights!
Safe Access Tennessee has a mission to deliver legal, safe access to cannabis based medicines to the citizens of Tennessee. We are the Tennessee chapter of the Americans for Safe Access (ASA) and have action groups across the State.
With over 100,000 active members in all 50 states, ASA is the largest national member-based organization of patients, medical professionals, scientists and concerned citizens promoting safe and legal access to cannabis for therapeutic use and research.
“By giving voice to the sickest citizens of our state, grassroots efforts like this are the key to making medical cannabis accessible to Tennesseans.”
– Dr. Steve Dickerson, State Senator
Cannabis Bill Sponsor
ASA works to overcome political, social and legal barriers by creating policies that improve access to medical cannabis for patients and researchers through legislation, education, litigation, research, grassroots empowerment, advocacy and services for patients, governments, medical professionals, and medical cannabis providers.
Safe Access Tennessee holds no opinion on the legalization of alcohol or marijuana. We support drug prevention policies to address underage, illegal and legal drug abuse. SAT believes therapeutic (medicinal) cannabis is likely to be a key solution to the rampant Opioid abuse in Tennessee.
Latest updates from Safe Access
- ASA's 20th Birthday
- Product Safety Recalls – Vape Cartridges
- Top Five key Takeaways from the 2021 State of the States Report
- A Year of Obstruction on Medical Cannabis In Mississippi Comes to an End
- What We Accomplished in 2021
- Mississippi Becomes 37th State to Legalize Medical Cannabis With a Law that Provides Limited Access to Patients
- ASA's 2021 Year in Review
- 5 Things You Need to Know When Traveling as a Medical Cannabis Patient
- New Issue of the ASA Activist Newsletter is out!
- October/November issue of Cannabis Patient Care Magazine Now Available
- Update to our State of the States scoring
- Don't miss the latest ASA Activist Newsletter!
- The September Activist Newsletter is Out!
- A Summary of our Comments and Recommendations of the Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act
- Our Summary of the new Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act
- When Charging Forward into Adult-Use Policy, Please Don’t Leave Patients Behind!
- The July Activist Newsletter is out!
- Schumer Ready to Talk Cannabis Reform
- Echoes of the Drug Crusade Shine Through Sha’Carri Richardson’s Suspension
- Check out the June 2021 Activist Newsletter
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- April 2022 (1)
- March 2022 (1)
- February 2022 (4)
- January 2022 (1)
- December 2021 (2)
- November 2021 (2)
- October 2021 (1)
- September 2021 (2)
- August 2021 (2)
- July 2021 (3)
- June 2021 (1)
- June 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (3)
- March 2020 (2)
- January 2018 (2)
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (3)