We fight for patient rights!
Safe Access Tennessee has a mission to deliver legal, safe access to cannabis based medicines to the citizens of Tennessee. We are the Tennessee chapter of the Americans for Safe Access (ASA) and have action groups across the State.
With over 100,000 active members in all 50 states, ASA is the largest national member-based organization of patients, medical professionals, scientists and concerned citizens promoting safe and legal access to cannabis for therapeutic use and research.
“By giving voice to the sickest citizens of our state, grassroots efforts like this are the key to making medical cannabis accessible to Tennesseans.”
– Dr. Steve Dickerson, State Senator
Cannabis Bill Sponsor
ASA works to overcome political, social and legal barriers by creating policies that improve access to medical cannabis for patients and researchers through legislation, education, litigation, research, grassroots empowerment, advocacy and services for patients, governments, medical professionals, and medical cannabis providers.
Safe Access Tennessee holds no opinion on the legalization of alcohol or marijuana. We support drug prevention policies to address underage, illegal and legal drug abuse. SAT believes therapeutic (medicinal) cannabis is likely to be a key solution to the rampant Opioid abuse in Tennessee.
Latest updates from Safe Access
- A Summary of our Comments and Recommendations of the Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act
- Our Summary of the new Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act
- When Charging Forward into Adult-Use Policy, Please Don’t Leave Patients Behind!
- The July Activist Newsletter is out!
- Schumer Ready to Talk Cannabis Reform
- Echoes of the Drug Crusade Shine Through Sha’Carri Richardson’s Suspension
- Check out the June 2021 Activist Newsletter
- Top 10 Things You Should Know About Cannabis
- An Update on ASA’s Biden-Harris Can Do It! Campaign
- Check out ASA's May Newsletter!
- Congratulations to ASA's 2021 Award Winners
- Americans for Safe Access’ ISO 17065: THE STANDARD FOR CERTIFICATION BODIES
- Check out ASA's April Newsletter!
- Patients Deserve a Federal Overhaul on Medical Cannabis
- Biden Administration Must Address Health Equity in Federal Housing
- Cannabis is My Lifesaver
- Be there for veterans
- ASA Announces Unity 2021 Speakers
- Social Spaces for Members at Unity 2021
- How to Protect Medical Cannabis Businesses and Patients in 1 Easy Step
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine