We fight for patient rights!
Safe Access Tennessee has a mission to deliver legal, safe access to cannabis based medicines to the citizens of Tennessee. We are the Tennessee chapter of the Americans for Safe Access (ASA) and have action groups across the State.
With over 100,000 active members in all 50 states, ASA is the largest national member-based organization of patients, medical professionals, scientists and concerned citizens promoting safe and legal access to cannabis for therapeutic use and research.
“By giving voice to the sickest citizens of our state, grassroots efforts like this are the key to making medical cannabis accessible to Tennesseans.”
– Dr. Steve Dickerson, State Senator
Cannabis Bill Sponsor
ASA works to overcome political, social and legal barriers by creating policies that improve access to medical cannabis for patients and researchers through legislation, education, litigation, research, grassroots empowerment, advocacy and services for patients, governments, medical professionals, and medical cannabis providers.
Safe Access Tennessee holds no opinion on the legalization of alcohol or marijuana. We support drug prevention policies to address underage, illegal and legal drug abuse. SAT believes therapeutic (medicinal) cannabis is likely to be a key solution to the rampant Opioid abuse in Tennessee.
Latest updates from Safe Access
- Top 5 Key Takeaways from the 2020 State of the States Report
- Talking to Your Doctor About Cannabis – CCN Interview
- What’s in a name? Marijuana, Cannabis, and Hemp
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- ASA offers solution to DOJ research block: Our comments on the DEA’s proposed rules
- Conditions… Coming Soon!
- Texts and Literature on Medical Cannabis
- Talking to your Doctor
- The Cost of Non-Compliance
- 5 Ways to Thank Essential Workers
- Update on Cannabis Rescheduling at the United Nations
- Medical Cannabis Patient Scores Important Victory in Employment Discrimination Lawsuit against Amazon in New Jersey
- Review of Anti- “Marijuana” Arguments
- Cancer, A Prayer, and a Plant
- Cannabinoids, Influenza, and Coronavirus
- Office of Medical Cannabis Control: A New Way to End the State/Federal Conflict Regarding Medical Cannabis
- Important Update from USDA
- Patient-Focused Recommendations Regarding the Vaping Crisis
- How the Historic Passage of the SAFE Banking Act Could Benefit Patients
- Abridged Guide to State Cannabis Laws
- 9 Ways to Help Build ASA This Summer
- September 2020 (1)
- July 2020 (2)
- June 2020 (2)
- May 2020 (5)
- April 2020 (2)
- March 2020 (4)
- February 2020 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (2)
- August 2019 (3)
- June 2019 (2)
- May 2019 (1)
- January 2018 (2)
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (3)