Americans for Safe Access is excited to announce the 9th Annual National Medical Cannabis Unity Conference on April 29-30, 2021. Unity 2021 will be our most accessible yet, with numerous “Pay What You Can” options, guaranteeing that no one will be turned away for lack of funds. Unity 2021 is the place to gather with other patients, caregivers, providers, students, veterans, advocates, medical and legal professionals, and concerned individuals from around the country to learn best practices, exchange ideas, and learn how to navigate medical cannabis in this new political landscape.
This year’s Americans for Safe Access Unity Conference theme is “No Patient Left Behind”. Despite increasing legal access across the country, patients still face significant barriers, and there are many actions both Congress and the Biden-Harris administration can and should take to save lives right now. Some panel topics you can expect during this 2 day conference are:
TRACK 1: No Patient Left Behind
- Removing Barriers: Housing, Healthcare & Employment
- Kids & Cannabis: A Life Saving Treatment
- High Cost: Regulating Affordable and Accessible Medicine
TRACK 2: Science & Research
- Elevating Truth: Laying the Groundwork for Clinical Medical Cannabis Research
- Building Trust: Engaging in Physician Education
- Demanding Federal Intervention: Testing, Contamination & Health
TRACK 3: Legislative Affairs
- Global Update: International Rescheduling and Standards
- Biden-Harris Can Do It! Applying Pressure & Prioritizing Medical Cannabis
- State Progress: COVID Protections & Expanding Access
We will also be hosting our annual Lobby Day. Patients, professionals and advocates will get the chance to have lobbying training and meet with U.S. Senators, U.S. Representatives, and their staff in Congress and be an integral part of our continued efforts to change domestic and international policy.
Over the next few weeks, we will also be sending out various action alerts that you can take from the comfort of your home to demand the Biden Harris campaign and Congress take action to protect the most vulnerable patients among us. Take the pledge now to get involved and to get updates as the campaign unfolds.
Spread the word on social media!